A man killed by mold spores called Aspergillus

Now most people know that molds in a house is a big concern for health. And there is one more scientific evidence.

A healthy man with a normal immune system who inhaled mold spores (Aspergillus) while doing gardening work actually died in a few days. This incident is reported in a scientific journal "The Lancet" as well as in the UK press in June 2008.

Mold spores inhaled by human can penetrate deep into lungs and lodged in lungs' aveoli. The mold Aspergillus spores are so small that they are very fit in lungs' aveoli. Mold spores will germinate when warm and humid, while the human immune system will counter-attack.

The overwhelming immune response indeed arrest and shut down the man's system. He died within days from the mold disease called "invasive aspergillosis".

See related sites:

* Facts about Fungi (also including Molds)

* Mold spore photos

* Wild Mushroom (fungi) Photos

* Cultivated Mushroom (fungi) Photos

* For Mold Testing